Monday, February 27, 2012

Final Project: Target Marketing Strategy


Difficulties arise in developing a product or brand that will satisfy all consumers. Moreover, mass marketers often have trouble competing with more-focused firms that do a better job of satisfying the needs of specific segments and niches.(Armstrong/Kotler, Marketing, pg. 25)  It is said that, trying to sell to everybody does not work.  It seems less effective to sell to a more narrow demographic, but it works.  My Target Marketing Strategy is to study the type of people that are already buy such supplements.  I feel my target consumers are males 18-45.  A lot of young adults are getting into working out and taking supplements to help them bulk-up and boost their energy.  Men reaching into the late 30’s and 40’s are wanting to maintain the health and take supplements for what their bodied are lacking.
Trying to reach different market segments with different advertising campaigns increases promotion costs. Thus, the company must weigh increased sales against increased costs when deciding on a differentiated marketing strategy. (Armstrong,Kotler, pg. 27)  I do feel I will need adjust my campaign due to the fact that my age group is rather large.  I will advertise my product a bit different to the 18 year olds than the 45 year olds.  This may not take to much tweaking.  The 18 year olds want to have the energy of little kids and the 45 year olds want to feel like the 18 year olds.    
That is my goal, to make you feel younger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment