Monday, February 27, 2012

Final Project: Promotion


Promotion is going to the fun part of my marketing plan.  When people walk into stores they take a scan around the entire store just to get a good look of what they have.  Most of the health and nutrition stores I have seen are bland with very little color.  People nowadays are looking for low prices, so they are focusing on tags and numbers.  Consumers have become more deal oriented. In the current economy, consumers are demanding lower prices and better deals. Sales promotions can help attract today’s more frugal consumers.  (Armstrong/Kotler,Marketing, pg. 37)  My plan is to distract the buyer with the youthful colors and images of cartoon-like rocket ships and kid stuff.  My promotion goals are to bring youth onto being healthy.  A given promotion runs the risk of being lost in a sea of other promotions, weakening its ability to trigger immediate purchase. (Armstrong,Kotler, Marketing, pg. 37)  My big fun ideas may be a gamble due to the risk of the above quote.  I don’t feel my promotion runs the risk of getting lost among other promotions.  My approach is different than most others in those types of stores.  Adds in nutrition stores have the slogan “ you can look like this”  Mine is focused on “you can feel like this”  Promoting Chocolate Boosters in this fashion is going to be a positive experience when consumers are using them and feeling better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment