Monday, February 27, 2012

Final Project: Distribution

I have decided to sell Chocolate Boosters in Health food stores and also vitamin type stores.  I may even try them out in convenience stores, such as 7-11, or food marts.  This brigs up the question of distributing my product to these stores.  I feel I want to use intensive distributing.  Producers of convenience products and common raw materials typically seek intensive distribution—a strategy in which they stock their products in as many outlets as possible. These products must be available where and when consumers want them.(Armstrong/Kotler, Marketing, pg. 25)  This seems like the process for me due to the fact that these distributers can get my product to a variety of stores.  I may also use another type of distributing to gain a good relationship with a few companies.  This has many benefits as well.  By using selective distribution, they can develop good working relationships with selected channel members and expect a better-than-average selling effort. Selective distribution gives producers good market coverage with more control and less cost than does intensive distribution.(Armstrong/Kotler, Marketing. Pg 26)  I think that I will try to incorporate these two types of distribution to get Chocolate Boosters into many stores and build solid relationships with strong distributing companies

No comments:

Post a Comment